Wednesday, October 6, 2010

i'm back

sorry for the delay of this post...after arriving in atlanta, ga.  chris left....i also received my father's ashes from my sister....these two changes in the middle of the trip (one expected and one not) kind of threw me off my game.  the south has been a blur...

chris and i left wilmington, n.c. in perfect time...they were just beginning to flood due to the incessant rain...10 inches fell in the24-36 hours we were there.  tuesday september 28th we left in the morning during the only lull in the storms...we hauled ass across south carolina and landed on the border of georgia, near augusta...we got a nice motel at the "carolina inn" and bombed to atlanta the next day...

an old friend of mine, joe, and his family put us up for the night....while i switched the sidecar and rear tire lloyd, joe's father, entertained us with stories and mary, joe's mother, hooked us up with wings for dinner.  i got to visit a few old friends from back in the day (15 yrs old to 20) while chris stayed in his tent at joe's house and read.

the next day while waiting for my sister to bring me some of my father's ashes chris tells me he's burnt and needs to attend to other affairs...he left that afternoon and i decided to stay at joe's another night to figure out my new game plan...

with decent rubber on the rear i took off in the morning friday october 1st...

thanks again to joe and his family...want to say goodluck in your lives to jason and his family and to johnny...thanks for the strong coffee lloyd, that got me cruising down the road...thanks and good luck to kevin and the rest of joe's friends for the coffee and talk....

No comments:

Post a Comment